Wind Vane Thies First Class TMR, heatable
Wind Vane Thies First Class TMR (Heated)
- New and improved version of First Class wind vane
- High level of measuring accuracy (0.5°) and resolution (0.35°)
- Output: 10-bit serial-synchronous (compatible with Ammonit Meteo-40 data loggers)
- Measurement range 0 … 360°
- Low current consumption (3.3V @ 1.4 mA)
The wind vane serves for the detection of the horizontal wind direction in the field of meteorology and environmental protection. The axis of the wind vane is running in ball bearings and carries a diametrically magnetized magnet at the inner end. The angle position of the axis is scanned contact-free by a magnetic angle sensor (TMR-Sensor, Tunnel Magneto Resistance) through the position of the magnet field. As the sensor is operated the magnetic saturation, effects by external magnetic fields can almost be eliminated. The connected electronics calculated the angle position of the axis and provides the respective serial-synchronous output signal.